Visualization of search results
- InfoCrystal, and MetaCrystal, by A. Spoerri.
One of the uses of Information Visualization on Information Retrival is the clustering of the found pages. Some examples are:
- NIRVE (NIST Information Retrieval Visualization Engine).
- Mooter –
- Ujiko –
- Quintura –
A bunch of paper have been published:
Adaptive Information Retrieval
- Lighthouse: see the technical paper, “Lighthouse: Showing the Way to Relevant Information”
- Graphical interfaces to support information search, an Annotated Bibliography (Compiled and annotated by Elizabeth Staley)
Other services try to visualize graphs of links of pages found. Some of them are:
- TouchGraph GoogleBrowser –
- Onother interesting one is the comparison Engine, by the Univesity of Pisa. It’s able to visualize the rank position on different search engine at the same time.
- Visualization of Search Results from the World Wide Web, Thomas M. Mann Dissertation
- Graphical interfaces to support information search, research notes by Michael Twidale:
- A Novel Visualization Model for Web Search Results, Tien Nguyen Jun Zhang, Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE Transactions on.